Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 12:09 AM
Domcor, a national premier provider of fully integrated health and safety services, is excited to be expanding our reach and is actively searching for an accredited SSHO to head a 2-2.5 year project located near Nashville.
Our ideal applicant will be detailed oriented, a self-starter and have superb written and oral communication skills. The applicant will also have a proven history of dynamic facilities, dependability, and professionalism.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Implement accident and loss prevention programs.
• Conduct regular safety audits of site to prevent any incidents and maintain OSHA compliance.
• Organize daily safety meetings
• Knowledge and proper utilization of job related equipment
• Develop and plan procedures and programs to meet the specific safety needs of the Contractor.
• Maintain records of training activities and employee programs while monitoring their efficiency
• Ensure that safety programs are in agreement with all federal, state and local laws/regulations
• Uphold records and reporting systems on lost time accidents and property losses.
• Coordinate with the Site Superintendent to ensure effective application of all safety activities throughout project site.
• Perform an inspection of Project site daily
• Interact with onsite personnel to find and promptly correct unsafe conditions or work practices
• Keep accurate records of all incidents, injuries, near misses, etc. and submit proper reports as necessary
• Identify loss producing situations and practices, recommending suitable corrective action
• Contribute and participate in activities of related professional organizations to continuously grow knowledge of safety program developments and industry trends
• Positively interface amongst the Client and the Contractor’s project teams
Strong understanding of OSHA safety standards
30-hour OSHA General Industry safety class
30-hour OSHA Construction Industry safety class
Understanding and experience with the E 385 manual
(Formal construction or industry safety and health training covering the subjects of the OSHA 30-hour course and the EM 385-1-1 completed in the last 5 years are allowed as an equivalent)
5 years of continuous construction experience
5 years continuous general industry safety
ANSI or NCCA Certification an asset
Ability to maintain competency with safety and health related coursework
Capably read and interpret construction documents
Considerable experience in a managerial role
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Nashville, TN
Number of Positions: 1
• Location: Nashville, Nashville, TN
• Post ID: 23214288 tennessee